Why Hire Old South Properties, Inc.?
- Keep on top of regional, state, and federal landlord/tenant law and legislative issues facing property owners and tenants.
- Track vacancy rates, vacancy factors, time-on-market, and rent values for the area, and effectively market your home.
- Create and maintain relationships with qualified vendors, including painters, roofers, electricians, plumbers, appliance repairmen, handymen, and more.
- Provide appropriate rental applications and forms that, along with a consistent screening process, ensure the highest-quality tenants while conforming to all applicable laws.
- Provide a lease agreement that covers your property well, collect and account for rents, and confront tenants to enforce the terms of the lease.
- Perform complete accounting for your property to ensure a maximum return on your investment and optimal tax benefit.
Property Management Services
Our staff is fully qualified in property values, local neighborhoods, and rental markets to advise you on appropriate rental rates for your property. We are thoroughly trained in the inspection of all homes, from single family homes to condominiums.
Our listing partners distribute your property's information to over 50 websites, and post a professional sign at the property. We take numerous digital pictures for advertising and to record property condition. Prospects will call about your home because it is marketed in the most efficient possible way!
We take professional pride in finding qualified tenants for your property. Applicants are qualified based on credit, income, landlord references, and public records.
A selection of appropriate standard or custom agreement forms provides legal protection for both you and your property.
Rent Collection & Dispersal
Rents are due by the first day of the month, and if rent is not collected by the fifth day of the month, notices are delivered. In the event of late payments, collection practices are started promptly. If evictions become necessary, they are handled in a timely and efficient manner to reduce the chance of difficult or costly situations.
Each month you will receive a detailed income and expense report. At the end of the year, you are provided with a comprehensive statement for your tax records. You always know exactly where you stand regarding income and expenses.
Our extensive list of reliable, reasonable, and responsible contractors can cover any repair or maintenance your property may require. If an emergency occurs, we provide 24-hour service.
Our Technology Advantage
We invest in advanced technology systems so we can provide you with the best service and manage your properties efficiently and effectively. Some of the benefits that we are able to pass on to you are:
- We can respond faster and provide better service to both owners and tenants
We can securely access information about all properties at any time anywhere. Sensitive data is securely housed in a state-of-art data center and backed up regularly and automatically.
- Monthly statements are delivered to your email inbox.
The statements are easy to read and provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month.
- We address property maintenance issues faster.
We can create electronic work orders and communicate with vendors to quickly solve issues.
- You will be paid faster and more securely.
We use electronic payments (ACH) to deposit funds directly into your bank account.
- We can more effectively market your properties to fill vacancies sooner.
We can quickly and professionally advertise your properties on our website, craigslist, and other websites.
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.